JMSWE latest version on Jira on demand

Denis Kozhevnikov July 1, 2014

We use jira on demand and it comes with JMSWE 2.5.5.2. And it seems not to be working with 6.xx versions of JOD: copying value from the parent issue seems not to be working to be precise. How can I upgrade to the latest version of JMSWE on JOD?

thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2014

Atlassian will upgrade the plugin when they have tested it and are prepared to support it. You can't do anything about this.

You might want to explain "seems not to be working" - a couple of our clients are using it OnDemand and it's working fine for them

Although it might be worth raising a support request to poke them if you really can establish that it is broken, but you probably need to demonstrate a fault first.

Thanks for Prompt response! First of all, tech info

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions - 2.5.5.2

JIRA Agile - 6.4.0.8
We have a custom field 'Team Name' which is Single Select for jira Projects. (Each of our development teams have their own jira project).
We'd like this field to be copied from a User Story when a technical subtask is created.
I've added a post function per this screenshot

All issue types share the same workflow: US, Epics, technical subtasks, bugs.

Unfortunately the following scenario does not work.
given a US item
and Team Name field is not None
when I create a subtask for the US
and create item screen is shown
and I press button Create
then a new subtask is created
and the subtask's Team Name is not None
Screenshot of the US: mind the Team Name info
Screenshot of the subtask: no info for Team Name, and when I open an edit screen then the field value is None.
thank you, and looking forward to answers!
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Hi,

I did exactly what you did, and it worked flawlessly (on our OnDemand instance).

Are you sure the field configuration for your custom Single-select field is the same between the Parent and the Sub-task issue types? If you are using different field configurations, even if the available values are identical, it won't work. This is a bug that was fixed in a later version of JMWE, but unfortunately Atlassian is not ready yet to upgrade JMWE on OnDemand.

David, great news!

Please be with me for a moment, obviously me doing something wrong then.

http://goo.gl/39l86t-- configuration for a custom field.

http://goo.gl/D0H0JX-- all issues use the same default field configuration.

One thing that I was not explicit in my previous post was, perhaps, the type of the Team Name field: it is a Project Picker.

any thoughts?

thank you,

Denis

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2014

Can you try with a regular single-select field, to see if that works? Your problem might be caused by a lack of support for Project Picker fields.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2014

When it arrives on OnDemand is up to Atlassian. I'm sure it's on the way though.

Denis Kozhevnikov July 2, 2014

Hi David,

yes, I can confirm that single select field works just fine.

thank you,

Denis

David, Nic

Any hope of having the latest version of the addon on JOD?

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

We and Atlassian are working on it. Although this will probably mean that we will adopt the same non-free model as with the "on premise" version of the plugin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2014

I thought that would be the case, but I didn't want to make assumptions!

Denis Kozhevnikov July 3, 2014

Thanks guys for your help! Much appreciated

Suggest an answer