JJupin/Simple Issue Language - is it possible to create file or clear existing file?

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

Hello,

Is there any possibility to create an empty file on the JIRA local drive using SIL/JJupin?

I'm trying to create some data reports using JJupin. I wanted to dump the returned string to CSV file and attach it to the issue. However I can't seem to find a way to create an empty file using SIL.

I tried createDirectory with path+name+file extension, yet it only created a directory with the dot in the middle of the name (well, that was obvious, but I tried anyway cheeky ). I could also create blank file manually on the disk and then each time fileCopy it to the desired location, however it seems quite a dirty hack to me - I'm afraid I could somehow copy not empty file and end up with some garbage in the beginning of the report.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2014

Hi Blazej,

I have added a new internal feature request in our backlog to create a new empty file. We don't have a release scheduled, but I'd expect it in late December or early January. We can give you a snapshot if you need it sooner, as soon as the routine is finished.

Best regards,

Silviu

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2014

Thank you for the quick answer. That's just great. No no, there is no rush. We will wait for the official release :) We have to first upgrade all our Kepler plugins on production instance to 3.0

Suggest an answer