JJUPIN live fields does not work in Internet Explorer

Rowena Cheng February 27, 2014

Hi,

I've created sil programs to populate the assignee of an issue on create_issue dynamically base on some conditions we have.

This works on browsers like chrome,firefox,opera,Maxthon except on internet explorer (8)

we mainly use IE8, what do i miss in configuration to make this work in IE8?

Thanks,

8 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

I have created http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/IMJ-127.

The problem will be tracked there.

Iwas not able to reproduce it, after testing on IE8 and Jira 6.0.8 with jjupin 2.6.7 and the provided SIL scripts.

Please add a comment on the provided issue with more details regarding the javascript error you are getting. You can try also temporarly disabling jjupin and accessing an issue and see if you still got the error, just to make sure that it is caused by the live fields scripts.

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

I was able to reproduce the js error you are getting in the console, caused indeed by the live fields javascript using the array.indexOf method which lacks in IE8.

However, it doesn't seem to affect the functionality of the lfWatch routine.

I attached a snapshot jar for jjupin to the provided issue link, containing the modification for getting rid of the js error.

Please update and let us know if it solves your problem.

Regards,

Alex

Rowena Cheng March 3, 2014

it does affect the lfWatch functionality, in fact lfWatch doesnt fire up on supposed to be events.

anyway thanks for this support we really need to have this fix since most of our user would be in IE8.

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

Hi Rowena,

So did the snapshot jar provided fixed your problem on IE8?

Rowena Cheng March 3, 2014

Hi Alex,

where do i download this jar file?

thanks,

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2014

It is attached to issue http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/IMJ-127

Just create an account and download it from there, then upload it to your jira instance via UPM.

Rowena Cheng March 4, 2014

Hi Alex,

the provided jar works. no error on IE anymore.

would this be released as new version?

thanks,

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014
The modification will be included in the next release of JJupin.
Rowena Cheng March 4, 2014

Do you have time table for the next release?

I need to know for me to suggest the purchase of the plugin.

thanks,

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2014

We are planning a release for JJupin on friday 7h March or monday 10th March.

Kind Regards

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2014

Hi Rowena, I just published the latest version, fixing the problem above. Thanks.

0 votes
Jenee February 28, 2017

At this time you need to talk to the technicians to get the right method to counter the issue and for talking to them contact us at Internet Explorer Helpline Number Australia.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2014

@Alex, since it seems it's an IE8 stuff, please open a bug on http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/and fix it.

@Rowena, thanks for the patience, please follow it up; as soon as we'll have the resolution you will have it as well.

0 votes
Rowena Cheng March 2, 2014

"Application Name" is a select list, error occurs upon opening the create_issue.

this same command lfHide("Application Name"); does not cause error when called in MainScript.sil itself.

yes error occurs in other screen even on viewing an issue.

calling lfWatch cause would cause this error on IE8 only.

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 2, 2014

What field type is "Application Name" ?

Does the error happen when trying to type something in the summary field, or when opening the create issue dialog?

Do you have the problem also on edit issue screen?

0 votes
Rowena Cheng March 2, 2014

Hi Florin,

Im Using Jira6.0.8 and JJupin-2.6.7

im able to isolate the cause which is during calling lfWatch

just for simple testing this 2 SIL below works fine on other browser but cause error in IE8, i already enable warning report in JJUPIN setup but this does not log any message in the log file.

just to make clear other routine works fine in IE8 just during lfWatch call.

// MainScript.sil

lfWatch("summary", {"summary"}, "CreateIssueInitialize.sil" , {"keyup"});

// CreateIssueInitialize.sil

lfHide("Application Name");

// IE Error Message

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 02:00:33 UTC

Line: 3474

Char: 135602

Code: 0

URI: http://localhost:8080/s/en_US-xegoy8-1988229788/6109/11/5c2fe43dc5bd1f2fe9cb41dc011ec3c7/_/download/contextbatch/js/atl.general/batch.js

thanks,

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Hi,

What version of JJupin and JIRA are you using ?

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2014

Can you please attach the SIL script you are using?

Thanks

Suggest an answer