JJUPIN license entry for Jira 5.0

Steve Ryan August 22, 2013

We purchased the JJUPIN plugin, but were sent a license string instead of a .lic file. In Jira, there doesn't appear to be a way to enter a string. When I click on plugins, JJUPIN, configure, then kepler licenses, it asks me to select a .lic file. When I open the .lic files that already exist, it looks like they are encrypted. I had already tried creating a .lic file and entering the string license key. I sent an email to jira@kepler-rominfo.com on Tuesday but haven't heard back. Am I missing something or do I need a .lic file? Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes

Thanks for the reply Florin. I checked my inbox and I have no message from anyone @kepler-rominfo.com. I also checked my spam folder and appriver and neither have any messages from you guys. A colleague submitted a ticket to Atlassian though and was able to resolve it. He mentioned that someone that was no longer with the company was still the primary contact or something like that.

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2013

Hi Steve,

Just to clarify, I see your email on tuesday evening and a reply from us on wednesday morning. Maybe you missed the email. Anyway, please follow Alex's instructions and let us know if you have any other problems.

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2013

Hi Steve,

Try entering the license string in the Licensing section (just above Kepler Licenses section) from Kepler General Parameters. Choose the jjupin plugin, click Select, then enter the new license string and click Update.You can find more details about Jjupin licensing here: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/Licensing

Let us know if this solves your problem.

Kind Regars,

Alex

In the licensing section above Kepler Licenses, no plugins appear in the drop down :-/.

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2013

Please make sure that JJupin is enabled during this operation.

An alternative would be to upgrade the Plugin Manager itself to a newer version which supports licensing directly (2.1+ if I remember correctly).

Suggest an answer