JJUPIN Trial Evaluation missing configuration menus

Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

I have just installed the JJUPIN plugin via Marketplace and manually placed the integration provider in the directed folder.

It seems all the options that would normally be listed under "Licensing / Kepler Licensing" is not there.

Is that the intended behaviour for trials?

Also trying to select the plugin at the Licensing screen returns "Sorry, you cannot update your plugin license on this screen. Please use the Plugin Manager instead".

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi Steven,

Yes, that is the intended behavior.

You can read more avout our licensing schema here: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/Licensing

Let me explain: We support two types of licenses. The Atlassian one, that you can get from the Marketplace (an encrypted string key) and our own licenses (a file). The page in Licensing/Kepler Licensing shows you what Kepler licenses (the file ones) you have installed. If you have installed JJUpin from the Marketplace and generated an evaluation key from there, it is normat that you don't see any Kepler licenses. The integration provider jar does not require any licenses.

The Licensing screen is a backup page that is accessible within older versions of JIRA which do not allow you to enter the Atlassian license keys in the Plugin Manager. It is a requirement for all paid plugins to have that in order to maintain compatibility with older versions of JIRA. If your JIRA (actually Plugin Manager version) is new enough and supports entering the license keys from the Plugin Manager, it will tell you to do that directly from the Plugin Manager.

Hope this helps.

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Oh. Funny story that. Somebody got carried away with the new UI updates we're preparing for the next release and forgot to mention that they'll be available with version 2.5.8 of katl-commons. :)

Someone else also came across this here, but it was about a SIL routine: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/171656/linkedissues-parameters-error?page=1#comment-171876

Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Thanks Florin, for the licensing explanation.

I actually slightly misworded my double question there.

The other question was that I am missing the configurations tabs below the Licensing menu.

Looking at the Administration Page (http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/Administration+Page) looks like there should be several other tabs: "SIL Configuration", "Commons Configuration", "REST Remote Systems", "SOAP Remote Systems", LDAP Configuration", all of which I do not have listing in my instance.

Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Perfect, I just wanted to ensure I was not missing anything before diving into the plugin.

Thanks for your help and clarification!

0 votes
Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Perfect, I just wanted to ensure I was not missing anything before diving into the plugin.

Thanks for your help and clarification!

Suggest an answer