JJUPIN - IFWATCH on Cascading Select

Brendan March 20, 2013

I'm using JJUPIN plugin version 2.5.2 (katl-commons 2.5.4) with JIRA 5.2.2. I've set up a live field for a cascading select on a create screen. The watch command is:

lfWatch("Cascade Test",{"Cascade Test"}," /opt/jira/jira.home/silprograms/hook.sil",{"change"});

This is only fired when the first cascading select box is changed but not the second. How do I fire the hook to run on change of the second select box?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

Hi Brendan,

At the moment the hooks are bind only for the parent select list in the cascading select.

This will be improved in the next release of JJupin, so that the hooked sil script will be fired also when the child select list events are triggered. There is already a task opened on this matter.

Kind Regards,

Alexandru

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

Hi Brendan,

Alex is right, we're working on it right now. We're also working on lfScreen (to know in what screen you actually are), improving the read-only (disable/enable) stuff, etc

Once we have these and after the tests, LiveFields will come out from the beta. Anyway, I hope you like the idea ...

Brendan March 21, 2013

Thanks for the feedback, do you have an idea of when the next version is due to come out? We are trying to replicate the functionality of an old plugin that does not work with JIRA 5 and it looks like JJUPIN with LiveFields will replace the plugin once the child select firing is working. We are very impressed with the work you've done.

Suggest an answer