JJUPIN - HTML email templates?

Andrew B July 1, 2013

Hi all,

I'm trialling the JJUPIN plugin to get around some of the limitations of JIRAs notifications, but haven't figured out how (or if it's even possible) to use it to send HTML notitifications, I've only managed to get text-format emails to work. Does anyone have any idea? There doesn't seem to be any mention of it in their documentation.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

We can improve it (we only set up to be text, nobody asked for more on that). I will bump the priority of the task in our backlog.

Andrew B July 1, 2013
Thanks Radu, we are hoping to use JIRA for our helpdesk so want to have separate notifications from JIRAs defaults, and your plugin helps without costing a fortune. HTML emails just look a bit nicer for the end users. :)
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

Mail us directly, you can have an early preview if you want.

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2014

Hi Radu,

We need to send email that only JJUPIN sendHtmlEmail can provide.

Now we were able to do this but we have problem with the template, we want to have the email look and feel to be the same with jira's default html notification, what's the best way to do this?

Thanks,

eric

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2014

Copy it and do the necessary modifs ? We do not have anything ready here and we're already strained on resources with SIL 3.0. It would be great if you would like to share the results ...

eric anier
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2014

Hi Radu,

I'ts ok, i wont bother you to provide us one, we just need guidance on this.

What should i copy? The default jira templates are velocity templates, are these templates compatible with JJUPIN's sendHtmlEmail routine?

thanks,

eric

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2014

Nope, 1/ get the HTML 2/ modify it accordingly, replacing the parts with SIL expressions like in this example http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/Email+Templates

Suggest an answer