JIra Project Management Template - Board does NOT show issue type icons

Michael Green September 20, 2018

I created a project of type 'Project Management'

I then created two new issue types called 'Risk' and 'Issue' to add to 'Task'.

The problems is the Board for this template does NOT show the issue type icon.

How do I get the board to display the issue type icon ???

Capture.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Hey @Michael Green

I can see you've created a business project type, but the issue type icon only appears on software project type. We already have a feature request opened to allow this on business project as well, but for now this is not possible.

Enable Issue Type icons on cards of Business boards

Feel free to vote and watch it in order to receive updates from our dev team about it!

For now, the only way to have issue type icons on your board is with software boards.

Let me know if this helps!

Gabi

Michael Green September 21, 2018

Yes - the point is its a pretty useless project management board if it doesn't have Risks and Issues.  These are core project management concepts i.e. its not just all about tasks

mattwiz November 15, 2019

Has there been any progress on this feature request?

Like Deleted user likes this
Tijs Tijert February 23, 2021

Hello, Yes, has there been any progress on this?

Like Bri Crook likes this
Jamie Davies September 6, 2021

Re flagging this - it's pointless to have issue tyes if they can't be easily visible.
@Gabriele Franck 

Please let us know the progress, thanks

0 votes
Andrew Knight December 2, 2021

The board seems to be fixed based on the template used by the project - it doesn't seem to be configurable in any way. I use custom workflows so cannot see any of my issues on the board at all - i.e. it is useless. And, to make matters worse, it is always displayed as the default view instead of the List view. So frustrating - Jira has gone backwards here.

Suggest an answer