JIra Filter: recently updated filter

Rose Rose November 1, 2011

How do i create a filter for recently updated tickets?

ie) I want to see the tickets that users have updated in the last day or last week.

I'm sure thisi is a filter in the system. I just haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks in advance!

4 answers

13 votes
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2011

Hi,

Believe me or not, but JIRA does not have built-in "system" Search Filters you normally manage and use via Issues | Manage Filters.

The reason is very simple: creating filters is so easy :)

To give you an example - in every project page (just click on any project in Projects menu) you see in the top right corner Filters menu where you have "Updated Recently". When you click on it JIRA will show you search results with issues updated in last week. That's done building a JQL query on the fly - e.g. https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&jqlQuery=project+%3D+JRA+AND+updated%3E%3D-1w+ORDER+BY+updated+DESC

If you take a closer look on it (e.g. switch Issue Navigator to Edit mode) you will see that the query is dead simple: it filters issue for Updated field from "-1w" (which means 1 week ago) to "" (which means till any time in the future). That's the definition of "recently" for JIRA out of the box.

Just define similar search on your own, save it as a filter and you are done :)

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Wojtek

Rose Rose November 2, 2011

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!

Thank you!!!

Like Vignesh M likes this
Himani Thakur October 16, 2016

Thank you.

5 votes
Alexion Software March 5, 2012

Filters is a great tool, very flexible but...

Is it possible to filter by commenter or commentee?

I have a filter: "updated >= -4d ORDER BY updated DESC" so I can see what all happened. I want to see on which issues I have to comment/reply on.

Problem: I see also the issues on which I commented myself (getting to the top of this list).

Question: is it possible to filter on the last comments made by commitee (e.g. myself) so that I can only show the last issues which I am NOT the last one who made a comment?

This would make it possible to make a kinda "todo" list for me.

ByteR October 7, 2016

Me too, I'd like a filter which shows me all tickets that I recently touched somehow (updated, commented on, etc).

Like juhnj likes this
Alexion Software October 7, 2016

We now use this filter:

labels = overleg AND labels != a_mute AND Commenter != currentUser() ORDER BY updated DESC, key DESC

I'm not sure but I think we installed a plug-in for this: JIRA Toolkit Plugin question

Alexion Software October 7, 2016

We now use this filter (simplified):

Commenter != currentUser() ORDER BY updated DESC, key DESC

I'm not sure but I think we installed a plug-in for this: JIRA Toolkit Plugin 

Himani Thakur October 16, 2016

Thank you.

Marleen.Kluijver June 22, 2020

I'm not seeing the field Commenter?

Bortd001 July 15, 2020

I need something like "last modified" by  user ID.

I want to see all modifications done by a user, Comments, Status changes, field edits and then filter down based on timeframe.

Like Marleen.Kluijver likes this
1 vote
Thirumurugan Govindarajan August 30, 2018

if you want to your changes on JIRA,  click on Profile link at top right corner. it displays your recent update under Activity Stream

0 votes
Ionut Socolovici May 21, 2019

For new types of queries I used "project = xxx AND status = "For Test" ORDER BY updated DESC" trouble is that at current date they are still sorted by assignee too. 

Steps:

1. Write query:  "project = xxx AND status = "For Test" ORDER BY updated DESC"

2. List and Observe.

The following occurs:

List is also sorted by assignee.

[Note]: First time used filter was "project = xxx AND status = "For Test" ORDER BY updated DESC, assignee ASC" . This however might affect the result stated in "The following occurs"

Suggest an answer