JIra Capture : can different users work on different test sessions at same time ?

Jean-Sebastien (GA) June 24, 2014

From the dcumentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CAPTURE/Working+with+Sessions#WorkingwithSessions-AssigningSessions, "For each user, only one session can be active at one time."

So, I get that only one test session can be active on the user browser.

But what if I want to start several test sessions, dispatched to different users ?

It seems that only one test session is active in the whole system, which I consider as a limitation.

I define 2 test sessions, A & B, I ask Bob and Jim to work on A, while I ask Sarah and Cindy to work on B, at the same time.

It seems it is impossible to do this, because I can't start two sessions ! starting a second one pauses the first one.

So how can I have my teammates split into 2 groups, each of them working on two different sessions ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2014

Hi Jean-Sébastien,

Did you try to start the different sessions or did your team mates start the sessions?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, thanks for answering :)

I did try to start the different sessions. I start the first one, then when start the second one, the first one automatically switch to paused.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2014

You as a user can only start one session at a time, so that's normal.

In your example you should let Bob start test session A and Sarah test session B.

Then Jim and Cindy can join in.

That should normally work.

Best regards,

Peter

All right Peter, I will play with that :)

thanks again !

Suggest an answer