JIRa Setup questions

Daniel Tait August 20, 2014

two questions things that are stopping us from considering moving on after the trial

1) anyone can view our jira account it should be private how do I fix this?

2) Some of my users cant find other users task lists in the my issues section the user filter doesnt auto fill, why?

Cheers,

Dan

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2014

1. Don't use "anyone" in permissions schemes, that way you will force people to log in before they can see anything, and you have full control over the list of users!

2. Check the "global permission" setting for "can browse users" - I think you'll find it has a group nominated in there. The people who can see other users will be in that group, and the others won't be

Daniel Tait August 20, 2014

Thanks for your reply, the first one we resolved with your suggestion

The second has not worked tho. The user in question has full admin access but still cannot search any other users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2014

Admin access gives you access to administration stuff. Not anything else (because that's a silly security model)

Check the global permission, if it says "group; jira developers", then your user needs to be in that group.

Suggest an answer