JIRA6.4.5 + oracle db: cant see fields oldvalue, oldstring, newvalue, newstring in table changeitem?

Sylvie Ruffin January 8, 2018

Found this query to retrieve history of status, the article is dated 2017:

SELECT p.pname, p.pkey, i.issuenum, cg.ID, cg.issueid, u.first_name, u.last_name,cg.AUTHOR, cg.CREATED, ci.FIELDTYPE, ci.FIELD, ci.OLDVALUE, ci.OLDSTRING, ci.NEWVALUE, ci.NEWSTRING
FROM changegroup cg 
inner join jiraissue i on cg.issueid = i.id
inner join project p on i.project = p.id
inner join changeitem ci on ci.groupid = cg.id AND ci.FIELDTYPE='jira' AND ci.FIELD='status'
inner join cwd_user u on cg.author = u.lower_user_name
WHERE cg.issueid=(select id from jiraissue where issuenum = 115 and project in (select id from project where pname = 'Project name')) 
order by 1,3,4;

But in my database the fields are missing in the changeitem table, where is the history of value ?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2018

Hello,

The fields must be there. What is the error?

I get no error when running that query but the fields are just not there, it is driving me crazy. I am accessing the database through Tableau, I will try with Toad.

Can it be because those are text field type?  

Just tried with Toad, and found the fields.

I guess I have to work on the display in tableau. I had some problems with hugeclob fields before.

Sorry for disturbing.

Suggest an answer