JIRA won't open in Internet Explorer 11

John Squier May 28, 2015

The JIRA version we are using is 6.1.6 and it is installed on a Windows 2008 R2 server.

When going to the dashboard using Internet Explorer we get the following message:  "This page can't be displayed.  Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to site again.  If this error persists, contact your site administrator."  All 3 TLS options are already on.

The site works fine in both Chrome and Firefox. 

If there are any log files or other information I can provide which will help just let me know.

3 answers

0 votes
M May 28, 2015

It should work in IE11 but to Paulo's point Compatibility View is not supported.

If you have "Document Mode" set to an earlier version of IE that isn't supported you may have problems as well. I believe versions IE7 and below are not supported.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2015

In additional to Shawn response, 

Notice that the Compatibility View from IE (all versions) is not supported as well, so you might want to disable case it's enabled.

0 votes
Shawn C
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 28, 2015

On the JIRA 6.1 Supported Platforms list, IE 11 isn't listed as a supported browser, however on JIRA 6.2 it is.  I found an older bug tickets(JRA-35525), and it indicates IE 11 was not compatible with JIRA until 6.2.  If you can, I would recommend upgrading to the latest Server Version (6.4.5) as it would be compatible with IE 11.

-shawn

Suggest an answer