JIRA with delegated LDAP authentication

John Rodriguez November 7, 2012

I have JIRA v5.1.8#787 installed. I am trying to use delegated LDAP authentication so that users are authenticated against my company's OpenLDAP server. I have configured the User directory properly and checked the option to 'Copy User on Login' and add the user by default to jira-users. However, I am trying to login and I get the following error on the atlassian-jira-security.log:

2012-11-07 17:30:16,287 http-8080-10 anonymous 1050x122x1 1y0sxa6 10.10.3.46 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : '<username>' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

I was under the impression that the way delegated authentication was supposed to work was to copy the user from the LDAP server into JIRA when the user authenticates and add the user to jira-users thereby granting them USE permission. Is this not the case? Am I doing something wrong?

I know that my company's OpenLDAP server does not require authentication to bind and search the directory. Any help will be much appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Is the "copy users on first login" option checked?

Yes this option is checked.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2012

Can you ask them to clear the cache (cookies) and try again?

I have. I have even tried it myself and this does not work.

Suggest an answer