JIRA watcher field not prompting users in HP 64 bit laptop on firefox.

neha kaul October 28, 2012

Hi,

The JIRA add watcher field is not prompting user names in my new HP 64 bit laptop.It wasnt a problem earlier in my dell 32 bit laptop. It used to work fine in firefox.Now its not working.What can be the reason for this issue?

Please help.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
neha kaul December 2, 2012

It-helpdesk fixed the problem..There was some issue related to the laptop itself.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2012

Is it working in any environments now? If not, did you check whether you still have the "Browse Users" global permission?

neha kaul October 29, 2012

Hi Jobin,

It is working fine on other environments.Its just not working on my laptop.I checked ,i do have the 'Browse Users' permission..

neha kaul November 7, 2012

Didnt find a solution as yet..:(

0 votes
Ruchi Tandon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2012

Hey Neha,

I checked the known issues and I could not find any known issue in this area. As far as I can see there should not be any problem because of the 64 bit client machine.

In this situation, there are a bunch of things you could try in order to drill down to the root cause of the problem :

1. Try to clear the browser cache on 64 bit machine and then try again.
  2. Try to use another browser on the 64 bit machine.
  3. Try to use another user credentials to reproduce the case on 64 bit machine.

Hope this helps!

neha kaul October 29, 2012

Hey Ruchi,

Thanks for the suggesstions..I will try them and see if it solves my problem!

Suggest an answer