JIRA vs JIRA Agile Feature Matrix

Mudassar Pasha August 17, 2014

Hi All,

Lately, I've been trying to make a list of differences between JIRA and JIRA Agile,

Is there some kind of Matrix that someone can provide, like a feature list of 'Has' and 'Has not' between JIRA and JIRA Agile? I am interested in knowing whats different and similar beyond the obvious Agile feature differences between both.

This so that I can better manage liscense costs for while setting it up in a wide consulting organisations where there are multiple dedicated support and dev teams.

Best Regards,

Mudassar Pasha

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2014

JIRA is the product that is required by jira agile, as jira agile is just a plugin. As for jira agile - it extends the functionality of jira in branches:

1. Scrum boards and scrum management

2. Kanban boadrs and kanban management

3. Different reporting that is related to agile methodology

4. Different gadgets to the dashboard that are related to agile methodology.

so jira agile + jira has all jira features + jira agile features. You cannot use jira agile without jira.

0 votes
Mudassar Pasha August 17, 2014

Thanks for summing that up. I am a little uncomfortable when my clients have to spend twice i.e JIRA liscenses + JIRA Agile liscences. Hence the tendency for a more detailed research.

But I guess it makes sense for Atlassian to have a core on top of which people can build their own platform with addons like Confluence, Bitbucket etc.

Suggest an answer