JIRA vs Best Practical Request Tracker

Daniel Kerns September 4, 2012

My team is currently assesing two systems to be used to manage incidents and requests. Is there any comparitive documentation on the differences between the two systems.

Some members are partial to JIRA and others to BPRT. It would be helpful to leverage any comparitive analysis previously performed.

1 answer

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Sure. Jira is the Best Practical Request Tracker.

[No really. This is an Atlassian forum. Would you like us to claim otherwise ?]

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_issue-tracking_systems

I must tell you from the start that I'm against such things. You should use what fits you, judge with your own head...

Do you have any type of comparative analysis on high level features that make JIRA a better option compared to the other offerings such as Request Tracker from Best Practical?

I'm trying to configure the email handling to send an auto response to new requests with out setting them up as a new user.

Can that be done?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Yes, in several ways

When we originally installed JIRA on demand it worked as expected. However someone modified the configuration and it no longer works.

Can you provide some direction as to what setting and values I need to change?

Suggest an answer