JIRA v7.2.6 - Misisng Link "Migrate Users from One Directory to another"

Jonathan Ward October 31, 2017

Logged on as a jira system administrator, but under [User Directories] -> "Additional Configuration & Troubleshooting" we do not see the option "Migrate Users from One Directory to another".

The only option/link we see is "Directory Configuration Summary"

Any ideas as to why we do not see this link?

2 answers

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

I see that is why you do not have the link. I do not know how to migrate automatically but you can migrate these users to LDAP manually. You have to put into LDAP  field which is imported into JIRA as User Name Attribute the value from username from Internal Directory. The Idea is that User Name Attribute in LDAP must be the same like username in Internal Directory. After that disable Internal Directory and see if everything works as expected. Enable Internal Directory back and delete the migrated to LDAP users. I would strongly advice you to test first on a non production instance because it is not a standard operation and you can lose data.

Jonathan Ward November 2, 2017

Thank you, we will test

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2017

Hello,

You can migrate users from one directory to another only in the following cases:

Migrate all users from JIRA Internal to Delegated LDAP

Migrate all users from Delegated LDAP to JIRA Internal

Migrate all users from Delegated LDAP to Delegated LDAP

I think this link appears only if you satisfy any of the above conditions. You can check it. Just try to add a necessary directory.

Jonathan Ward October 31, 2017

Thank you for your reply.

We just have 2 directories -

1- OpenLDAP (Read/Write)

2- Jira Internal directory

For users we use the [Open LDAP] directory, but a few users were created using the internal Jira directory and I am looking to migrate them to the LDAP dir to 'tidy' up.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Jon

Suggest an answer