JIRA user cannot be found

Babak June 18, 2013

My JIRA user list only populates with two people now. I have done nothing (planning a web server move, but have not done it yet). And even entering the first few letter, full name, or username valid of users fails; JIRA says no such user. I see the users in the user mgmt screen, have set user browse for anyone, even set frother.assignee.field = false. Nothing doing. At this point, I am suddenly only able to assign issues to myself and one other user. No others show up. This happens for existing, as well as new issues being created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

You need to check the permission list, specifically the "assigable users" permission. See if it is only those two folks listed there or a group. If so, that's the limiting factor of the assignee.

Babak June 18, 2013

Awesome! Thanks very much indeed. That did it. :)

0 votes
Henry Snijders August 5, 2019

Thanks, just what thought,  not handt at all but the correct answer!

0 votes
J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

When you say "jira user list..." where are you looking? In a particular project? In the admin console?

Babak June 18, 2013

In a project, when I try to assign a bug to a user.

Suggest an answer