JIRA uptime

Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2012

How to measure the JIRA uptime

We are using JIRA 4.3.4 and there were several restarts last month - due to various reasons - if i need to know the total uptime last month, how can i get the information

2 answers

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

In this case, you might have to check the application logs under <install-dir>/logs/catalina.out and JIRA home directory logs under <JIRA_HOME>/log/atlassian-jira.log to check how many times JIRA was restarted. This might give you a better idea.

Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2012

yeah - i know but its quite difficult to go through logs manualy and find the information - will be great if its avaible as part of system info or something :)

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2012

Manually ?!?! Use grep and awk ....

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2012

That's not something an application would normally log, as applications aren't really expected to fail (I know, they do, but when they do, it should trigger an investigation and fix). As Radu implies, some form of external monitoring is appropriate here, and for this, I too would recommend running a simple grep over the log files. Write it as a script, and drop it into cron so that it keeps a running total.

Michael Blake December 6, 2018

we use pingdom to capture the uptime for each tool.

0 votes
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2012

You can find it here Administration - System - System Info, under this page find the section - JIRA Info - Uptime

Avdhesh Chauhan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2012

Yes - but this will give the uptime only since the ast restart

We need the uptime for last month for our SLA reporting - there had been several restarts due to various reasons so we need to know the complete up time or even the downtime info atleast

Suggest an answer