JIRA upgrade - testing steps

Neeraj Tiwari September 20, 2012

Hello everyone,

I am in the middle of testing the latest JIRA. For this I am planning to mimic our current JIRA (4.4.1) settings on my local machine and then upgrade JIRA in order to see how much is the downtime when upgrade happens and whether we will be able to do that without any issues.

So, I am planning to take the following steps.

1) Save our atlassian database dump(this includes data of all the atlassian products we have right now which includes JIRA, Confluence and all related plugins and project-specific JIRA product like Boomi-atom) here on my local machine. Size of database is 32 GB.

2) Install an evaluation version of JIRA 4.4.1 (Standalone type installation) - which is our current JIRA installation.

After these two steps I will download the latest evaluation version of JIRA from Atlassian's website and then try to upgrade JIRA.

***I just want to make sure whether taking all of the above steps will help me test the JIRA correctly or not. Please give me your suggestions, if I am missing something which is necessary for testing JIRA.

Also, please keep this issue open because I may ask some other questions as I am doing the JIRA upgrade.

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2012

Hello,

The steps that you describe will work. For more information tough, I suggest checking: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Upgrading+JIRA

Cheers,

Pedro

Suggest an answer