JIRA upgrade from 5.1.2 to 5.2.8 - what can be wrong?

Rumceisz May 1, 2013

Hi All,

we are going to upgrade our Jira from 5.1.2 to 5.2.8 this weekend. I'd like to collect all the issues which could get wrong after upgrade. So I could make a checklist for typical buggy things.

Do you have such experiences of upgrading between 5.1 and 5.2?

Thanks in advance,

Rumi

2 answers

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

As addition to what Chaithra mentioned, you may want to backup your JIRA home directory and installation directory. In case anything wrong happened, you still have the backup. It's important to do it on a test instance before upgrading on the production instance.

I hope that helps :)

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

hi,

It would be good, if you can first do the migration on Test Instance & then list the buggy thinks based on our testing.

Also refer the release notes, migration details on the Atlassian Site for your JIRA version for more details

Suggest an answer