JIRA upgrade 6.3.6 with Oracle 12

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2014

We are planning a JIRA upgrade and looking at any known issues using JIRA with Oracle 12. Are there problems with stability? Is there a direct link with existing problems and issues?

We have had problems using the out of the box install since we are highliy customized with screens and permissions.  Will this be affected by DB changes?

Can developer licenses be used in more than one server? We have a clone and upgrade server

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2014

Hello Ken,

Some extra information:

Currently, according to JIRA's supported offerings, Oracle 12 is not supported. I have filed an improvement request to address this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40163

I believe you'd only face issues with the database if the information (schema, table type, etc) doesn't match what is currently configured in your JIRA. 

Yes, you can run the same developer license in multiple servers.

Cheers

0 votes
G. Wegda February 4, 2015

We will have the need to migrate to Oracle 12 soon. In my support call Reference: JSP-218502

Mick Nassette [Atlassian] told, that support of Oracle 12 will not come in the near future.

Regards

Johannes

Suggest an answer