JIRA upgrade 6.3.6 with Oracle 12

We are planning a JIRA upgrade and looking at any known issues using JIRA with Oracle 12. Are there problems with stability? Is there a direct link with existing problems and issues?

We have had problems using the out of the box install since we are highliy customized with screens and permissions.  Will this be affected by DB changes?

Can developer licenses be used in more than one server? We have a clone and upgrade server

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hello Ken,

Some extra information:

Currently, according to JIRA's supported offerings, Oracle 12 is not supported. I have filed an improvement request to address this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40163

I believe you'd only face issues with the database if the information (schema, table type, etc) doesn't match what is currently configured in your JIRA. 

Yes, you can run the same developer license in multiple servers.

Cheers

We will have the need to migrate to Oracle 12 soon. In my support call Reference: JSP-218502

Mick Nassette [Atlassian] told, that support of Oracle 12 will not come in the near future.

Regards

Johannes

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,650 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you