JIRA transitions no longer appearing as a 'web' after 5.1.x upgrade

Felipe Alvarez November 13, 2012

We were previously running 4.4, and when clicking on the Transitions link in an issue, we would get a sort of 'web' or 'tree' of transitions. This is no longer present. I have searched Google and haven't discovered a way to get the 'web' back.

Any clues?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2012

Hi,

Assuming you're trying to edit the workflow, you can use either the Diagram Mode, or the Text Mode for this. The Diagram Mode will show the tree transitions while the Text Mode will show the text transitions. You can refer in https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Using%27Diagram%27editmode

If you want to see the diagram view of the workflow in Projects > Workflow tab. You can click on the small icon on top right, inline with the workflow scheme name, besides the pencil edit icon.

Hope this helps.

Felipe Alvarez November 13, 2012

I'm talking about when viewing the issue, not editing the workflow (under Jira Administration).

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2012

When viewing the issue, you can click on the "View Workflow" link below the Status field on view issue. Please make sure the user have the "View Read-Only Workflow" in the Permission scheme.

Felipe Alvarez November 14, 2012

The permissions were abset for View Workflow. I created new permission and _it worked!_

Suggest an answer