JIRA: transition subtasks as workflow postfunction for parent issues

Hi,

I'd like to find a way to automatically transition all subtasks of a certain issue to a definable status if the parent issue is moved to another status. I've found plugins to create subtasks as postfunction, but not to transition them. Is there any known way to do that?

Thanks,

David

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

You will have to write a plugin. Or write a script and run it in the post function using the script runner plugin.

thanks, that is what I was guessing. I just wanted to make sure I am not missing anything here...

Hi, Not sure if this is too late to ask, but How can I do this? can I use built-in scripts to do this or do I have to create another standalone script?

Thanks,

You can transition subtasks, linked issues, parent issue, or JQL selected issues using JIRA Workflow Toolbox. At documentation site you have a detailed explanation and examples.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

456 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you