JIRA total number of Issues and comments per project

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2015

Hi all,

What I am looking for is something that I can create a report such as:

Project 1 - 120 issues (10 not closed/resolved), total of 400 comments (50 comments on open issues)

Project 2 - ...

I have read that the JIRA toolkit plugin can "The JIRA Toolkit Plugin highlights issues that receive a lot of comments and attachments. Add these columns to list view to easily see which issues may need attention or are taking a lot of collaborative work to resolve."

which is close but first I cannot find where the plugin list such information and secondly I need totals of the number of comments and number of attachments for each project.  Additionally I would like to know the total size each project takes up with all things added together.

Thanks in advance!

Robert

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Comments are in the jiraaction table.  You should join by the jiraaction.issueid field to the jiraissue.ID field and restrict the selection using the jiraaction.actiontype = 'comment'

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

Thank you. I am not a SQL expert but I will give it a try. This seems to give me the number I am looking for: SELECT count(*) FROM jira.jiraaction WHERE jiraaction.actiontype = 'comment'; Do you know how I would do this same thing for attachments as well?

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

I've found it with the JIRA CLI from Bob Swift, which puts me into an environment I am comfortable in, the command line! Thanks again!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

If you still need the attachment information, I can give you that as well. I found the sql way for read only access to be faster and less intrusive on the overall system for reporting purposes.

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

Yes please that would be great!

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

The table is called fileattachment and you can join to the jiraissue table just like before

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2015

SELECT issueid, COUNT(*) FROM fileattachment group by issueid

0 votes
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 10, 2015

Yes. I already have the issue counts I just need to find out the total comments. I cannot seem to find that in the SQL database. We use MySQL.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 9, 2015

Would SQL statements to collect your information work for you?

Suggest an answer