JIRA to track deployments

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

Hello team,

Can we see how we could use JIRA to help track deployments?

From a development environment we will have a number of user stories delivered that will be included in one deployable package. 

For that package we would like to track it in JIRA so that we can deploy it to multiple environment and also check quality gates, approvers etc.?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2021

So a deployment would be different than a fix version/releases? Assuming so how would it be different what are your requirements?

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2021

Hi @Jack Brickey Ideally Yes.
Maybe that's the best way to track i.e. each story has a package number that can be release?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2021

On the surface a deployment = a release, so why not use the Fix version to manage you deployments. Whether it has one story or a hundred.

Sushant Verma
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2021

@Jack Brickey Need other way to do this.

Could you please help me with different way?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 18, 2021

Without understanding your full requirements I don’t know that I can give you a solid option or suggestion. With that said, I would offer that you can create a custom field. Beyond that search the marketplace for add-ons that would meet your requirements.

Suggest an answer