JIRA to JIRA application links - different user directories

aarnetadmin August 29, 2013

I have two JIRA services - one JIRA5 using openldap and some local users/groups, the other JIRA6 using exclusively AD. I need a project in the JIRA6 instance to be able to link to issues in the JIRA5 instance (blockers, dupes, etc). However when I create the application links I can't see anything in the activity stream - it's there to be added, but nothing ever appears. Adding a linked issue on ticket creation in JIR6 also does not bring up the JIRA5 issues for linking.

Just trying to work out what egregious thing I'm doing wrong. Is this a supported use case?

2 answers

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

i think you have to try with webhooks, check this

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Webhooks+Overview

aarnetadmin August 29, 2013

Gosh, really? That would seem to be pretty involved for a fairly simple feature that is supposed to work out of the box with application links ...

0 votes
aarnetadmin September 2, 2013

So, can someone tell me if I have the wrong idea about applinks entirely? Do I need to choose Trusted Applications instead of OAuth for this?

Suggest an answer