JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy

Jakob Fogh Frisenvang September 7, 2015

Hi, I am looking into JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.cpji.cpji-jira-plugin) and have it working between two JIRA server instances (6.3 & 6.4). Will it work between JIRA server and JIRA cloud 7 as well?

2 answers

0 votes
Mel Paisley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 2, 2016

Hi Jakob, 

The JIRA to JIRA Issue Copy add-on is only available for JIRA Server products, so it would not allow you to copy issues between a JIRA Server and JIRA Cloud instance nor would it allow you to copy issues between two JIRA Cloud instances. There's no equivalent add-on for JIRA Cloud. 

For copying issues from JIRA Server into JIRA Cloud, you could create a CSV backup from your server instance and then Import the issues into cloud using the CSV importer.

Another alternative would be to use the JIRA REST API to write a script to copy the issues. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mel - Atlassian Support 

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

You can also consider the option of doing a CSV export/import. It is a native tool within JIRA and does not require the versions to be the same.

Another option for you is the project import tool on JIRA, again very useful and i have used it plenty of times, but this option requires you to have source and dest JIRA instances to be on same JIRA version and identical configurations.

Suggest an answer