JIRA startup failed

karthik cbe June 6, 2012

Hi,

I am getting the below error while accessing jira which is installed on my local corporate notebook. I will be using Windows 7 32/64 bit. And also find attached the error log. Please can I ask you to help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Ramesh

The following plugins failed to load:
org.osgi.compendium-4.1.0: (no error message)
org.apache.felix.webconsole-1.2.8: (no error message)
com.atlassian.labs.fastdev-plugin: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running
com.atlassian.labs.httpservice.bridge-0.6.1: (no error message)
com.atlassian.pdkinstall: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running
org.apache.commons.fileupload-1.2.1: (no error message)
com.atlassian.devrel.developer-toolbox-plugin: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running
com.atlassian.plugins.plugin-data-editor: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running

5 answers

1 vote
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2012

Check if it isn't the same as here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/24694/jira-startup-failed-jira-has-been-locked

It was a problem with the antivirus.

Or maybe could be the Java version, you need to have the v1.6 (problems with v1.7) and the JAVA_HOME variable well directed.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2012

maven repositories are configured in maven's setting.xml (it is in the conf-directory or in your profile, you have to set "local repository")

karthik cbe June 7, 2012

Thanks a lot for your help. As Thomas mentioned - the .m2/repository is located on the network drive. Is it possible to reditrct to my locat directory?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2012

You're welcome.

I've converted my comment to an answer, so you can mark it as correct, if you want :-)

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2012

Hi,

do you try to access some files on another machine (which you are not authorized or cannot reach from your notebook ?)

There was a similar case here: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=45072&tstart=0&messageID=257345713

Maybe it helps, good luck :-)

0 votes
karthik cbe June 7, 2012

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your support. It did a magic. It works fine now. Here is the solution.

setting.xml-><localRepository>X:/Lab/JIRA_Dev/repo</localRepository>

Once again thanks very much for your help.

Kind regards, Ramesh

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2012

i'm just guessing here,

check your memory settings and see if you can icrease the permgen space, do a clean and start again.

sometimes the plugin start up just times out and results in unpredicatable errors and since you are on windows your anti virus may be messing with you, check and exluded .class and jar files and see how it goes

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2012

You need to look further back in the log for more details on errors. The osgi errors you're getting are it trying to start assorted modules after the supporting module they need has failed, and you need to find out why that has failed first.

karthik cbe June 6, 2012

Hi Nic,

Please find attached the further log details. Could you please take a look.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:368)
at org.twdata.pkgscanner.InternalScanner.findInPackageWithUrls(InternalScanner.java:128)
at org.twdata.pkgscanner.InternalScanner.findInPackage(InternalScanner.java:99)
at org.twdata.pkgscanner.InternalScanner.findInPackages(InternalScanner.java:49)
at org.twdata.pkgscanner.PackageScanner.scan(PackageScanner.java:96)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.ExportsBuilder.generateExports(ExportsBuilder.java:187)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.ExportsBuilder.determineExports(ExportsBuilder.java:118)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.ExportsBuilder.getExports(ExportsBuilder.java:70)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager.start(FelixOsgiContainerManager.java:237)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager.onStart(FelixOsgiContainerManager.java:193)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.atlassian.event.internal.SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker.invoke(SingleParameterMethodListenerInvoker.java:36)
... 48 more
2012-06-07 13:47:53,793 main ERROR [atlassian.plugin.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader] Unable to deploy plugin 'com.atlassian.activeobjects.jira.spi', file Unit: Z:\atlastutorial\amps-standalone\target\jira\home\plugins\.bundled-plugins\activeobjects-jira-spi-0.19.7.jar (1329322950000)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2012

Not a clue - that error looks like there's a corrupt or missing file in your install, but it could be misdirection or caused by an earlier error.

What have you customised in your installation? What versions of Jira, and Java, are you using and how did you install them? Most importantly, what are ALL the errors in your logs?

karthik cbe June 6, 2012

Basically I have downloaded the atlassian-plugin-sdk-3.10.4 and followed the steps described as per in the below site. https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Explore+the+Installed+SDK+and+the+atlas+Commands#ExploretheInstalledSDKandtheatlasCommands-Step3%3ATryanatlascommand. I was not able to uload the error log. Do you have any email id so that i can able to mail you. I have not customised the installation and I am using jdk 1.6 and jira 5.0. I used the below command to install the SDK plugins. atlas-run-standalone --product jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 6, 2012

I'm not asking for the error log, just a brief list of ALL the errors that occur in it BEFORE the osgi fails - you need to fix all of those before worrying about why the osgi stuff goes wrong.

If you have simply followed the instructions on that page you mention, then it should be working, but you should check if your machine has the resources to cope (primarly. enough RAM), and tell us what version you're using, what java you are using and whether you've actually written any code yet (because if you have, then the obvious thing to try next is running a plain Jira with none of your code added)

Suggest an answer