JIRA source tab showing FishEye and Stash change sets

Blake November 28, 2012

We have JIRA, FishEye+Crucible, and Stash installed. Stash is hosting our git repo.

When using smart commits to tie a commit to a JIRA issue, we notice that the Source tab on a issue shows changesets twice: once for Stash and once for FishEye.

This seems to be confusing our users. Also, the order seems to be different. For example, let's say I did 3 commits to a repository. Here is chronological order:

commit-t0

commit-t1

commit-t2

The source tab in JIRA will look like this:

commit-t2 (Stash)

commit-t1 (Stash)

commit-t0 (Stash)

commit-t0 (FishEye)

commit-t1 (FishEye)

commit-t2 (FishEye)

How you recommend I setup the JIRA integration with both products? For the record, I am very new to these products as well, and this is my first time administering.

4 answers

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Hi guys. I believe this Improvement Request is related: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-38778

Feel free to vote and add comments/screenshots there.

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

In my case I have a git repository that goes for two JIRA projects and because of that, I can see a commit related to the issue twice

0 votes
dglick-sipc July 2, 2013

I agree - this is really annoying. On the one hand, the advice is that Stash and FishEye can live side-by-side. Stash for repository hosting and management and FishEye for code searching and analysis. But on the other hand, there are several problems like this one - viewing a changeset twice on the source tab is redundant and, more importantly, makes it harder to visualize the aggregated history of code changes related to an issue.

0 votes
Kevin Moody April 16, 2013

I have seen several variations of this question, with how to make sense of the source tab commits. Is there an issue for this, in Jira and/or Stash, or any way around this?

Suggest an answer