JIRA software v7.6 backup a single project

Deleted user December 21, 2017

I have got impression that jira software out of box cannot handle single project backup , the complete backup ?  is that true ?

if we want a project move from one instance (for example jira:8100) to another instance jira:8800, what would be the effective way to this very project shown in 8800 with all content from 8100 ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

Hi Quan,

That is correct.  JIRA does not natively backup single projects.  In order to backup projects you'd need to create an XML backup and follow the steps in Restoring a project from backup.

I would also take a look at the Community post Export or back-up a single project for some third party add-ons that may help you accomplish this.  The Configuration Manager for JIRA Add-on was mentioned and here is the snippet from that portion of the conversation:

[...] you can help with plugin eg. "Configuration manager for JIRA" since version 5.x. I assume you need to import one particular project in another JIRA (for example, in a JIRA test).

The steps are as follows

1. You install the "Configuration manager for JIRA" plug-ins on both JIRAs (to simplify - CMJ)
  2. In JIRA A, you will use the CMJ plugin to snapshot the project setup - as instructed at Snapshot Management(A snapshot of the project configuration is created + all issue data)
  3. in JIRA A you download this snapshots file to a local PC
  4. In JIRA B using the CMJ plug-in, Deploy snapshot (import file) - as instructed at Snapshot Deployement
  5. Done

Take a look at the Community post Export or back-up a single project for more information and recommendations.

Cheers,

Branden

Deleted user December 22, 2017

Thank you for confirming and providing further reference. 

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2017

No worries.  I'm happy I was able to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events