JIRA shows all groups available in crowd, not just the ones specified for JIRA in crowd

Michelle Fritch April 24, 2014

We have several separate groups of "Atlassian stacks" (Confluence, Jira, Stash), but one crowd server. In crowd, groups have been configured for each server. So we have groups such as departmentA-jira, derpartmentA-confluence, departmentB-jira, etc, where each department has their own "stack". In crowd each application has been configured to allow users to log in from their department's group.

The issue is that each application sees every group available in Stash. This leads to tons of clutter as we have a tons of groups in each application and hundreds of users. I assume this is by design, but is there a way to hide the other groups? In Jira for example, I only want to see the users and groups that have been specified for Jira in crowd.

2 answers

0 votes
Michelle Fritch April 29, 2014

Thanks, Caspar. I was able to work around this by setting up a separate directory for each stack within crowd.

0 votes
Caspar Krieger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2014

Correct, this is currently by design. There's no way around this at the moment, unless you do some custom development in Crowd.

If you would like this to change, please vote on CWD-432 and/or CWD-1263. You might also like to add a comment with a note and a link back to this question as it explains your reasons for wanting this behaviour.

Suggest an answer