JIRA sha1:unknown

Christian Selbrede
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

On the bottom of my JIRA instance, I have the following displayed:

"Bug tracking and project tracking for software development powered by Atlassian JIRA (v5.1.1#772-sha1:unknown) Report a problem"

Why is it saying sha1:unkown? What's going on with this? This is a JIRA install that was built from the source. What can be done about this?

2 answers

0 votes
Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

The unknown part seems to be a build or release string. If you built it yourself it's probably to be expected. You can cheat it by hiding the footer by adding this to your announcement banner:

<style>
.footer-body{visibility:hidden;}
</style>

To fix it I would either reinstall or open a support ticket with atlassian.

0 votes
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2012

Hi Selbch,

What Java JDK are you using?

I'm wondering, because sometimes it occurs when is used JDK 7.

Cheers

Christian Selbrede
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 26, 2012

I am using JDK 1.6_35. How can I get this "unknown" to go away?

FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

Hi Selbch,

Have you customized something in JDK? Perhaps there is a misconfiguration on it, once the hash function SHA-1 is not being recognized properly.

You may could try to install a new JDK to see if the "unknown" message will keep appearing?

Christian Selbrede
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

Hi Fagner,

I have not actually customized anything in the JDK, so I'm still a little confused as to why the SHA: unknown is showing up.

I installed a new JDK 1.6_37, and the "unknown" message is still appearing.

Suggest an answer