JIRA setup stuck at License Key page

Manish Devraj April 1, 2013

I have configured JIRA version 5.2.9 on Ubuntu. When I start JIRA setup, on screen where it asks for License information, selecting either of option doesn't bring me any option to select or cancel setup process. Please find attached screen. Because of there are no options available to process I am stuck at setup process.

Also, I don't see any Server ID on earlier screen to generate License using my account. Please help me with configuration issues.

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2013

Hey there, Manish.

Can you try to restart your JIRA instance and run the setup again? According to the https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Running+the+Setup+Wizard documentation, you should be able to see the options when you click on the respective radio button.

Is this your first time installing JIRA? Or are youperforming an upgrade process?

Warm regards,

Danial

Manish Devraj April 1, 2013

This did the trick. Yes I was installing JIRA for the first time.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2013

Hey there, Manish.

Glad to know that! Might be some problem with running the setup the first time.

Warm regards,

Danial

1 vote
Heather Johnson May 15, 2013

I also had this issue on Chrome for Mac and none of the above solutions worked for me. But simply finishing up the process in Firefox worked.

1 vote
24331 April 7, 2013

I solved a problem.

I use chrome.

Please push 'F12' and you can see debug screen then

License key page works well.

I don't know why.. but it works. :)

dsphar June 25, 2018

Whaaaa...? this worked for me....

0 votes
Vladimir August 16, 2016

You will have this problem if you have old version FireFox browser. Update with last one and try again.

Suppose to work and when you select I have a JIRA key... will open proper screen with server ID.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only one question to Atlassian team:

Why U can't fill Server ID box with server ID when I select new eval. license.

Nobody select  option I have a JIRA key if you don't have it. Surprisingly you need to do this like idiot to obtain Server ID. This is terrible bug in my opinion. I spent time searching on web to receive this recommendation.

How your testers  testing your testers (!!!) software and after all what I have to thinking about quality hole application if you have bug during installation.

0 votes
Nikhil Bhatnagar February 23, 2015

Correction-

I am facing the same problem while installing JIRA 6.3.15. I am using IE 9.

Chuck Amadi May 2, 2015

Hi Folks, I have just installed Jira on my OpenVZ Centos 6 server, I have restarted Jira, tried FireFox, Chrome on my Fedora, client, Android and Asus TF101 Tablet/Docker and unable to progress past 'Creating License' screen, just hangs. Any pointers or advise, as I really in need to get IT Help Desk facility up and runing. Jira 6.4.3 Mysql 5.1.73 Cenos6

0 votes
Nikhil Bhatnagar February 23, 2015

Dear Members,

I am facing the same problem while installing JIRA 6.3.15. I am using IE (.

I tried opening a new browser, clearing ie cache and restarting JIRA multiple times but in vain.

I still dont get an option to enter license key

0 votes
24331 April 7, 2013

Hi Manish,

Did you an answer for this problem ? I've got same problem during install JIRA on Windows XP.

Manish Devraj April 7, 2013

Restart your JIRA instance.

24331 April 7, 2013

Restart doesn't work. :(

Trace Lowe November 6, 2014

I'm in the same boat. Tried restarting. I'm using IE 8. Is there any workaround available for this issue with IE?

Suggest an answer