JIRA server add-on license already paid for. Can we transfer to cloud?

Andres Fernandez December 7, 2017

Hello,

We are considering using JIRA Cloud instead of JIRA Server, which we have right now.

We just paid for TFS4JIRA add-on. About 6K.

Can we transfer what we paid for the Server add-on to the Cloud, so we don't have to pay twice? Pro-rated, etc..?

Regards,

Andrew

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi,

I understand you are looking to see if it is possible to get some credit in regards to a plugin purchased for your Server version if you should decide to migrate to our Cloud offerings.

I would recommend checking out our Cloud FAQ on licensing regarding this:

3. Can I get a credit to move from one Atlassian product/service to another?

Atlassian Server and Cloud products are not interchangeable. If you are interested in starting with Atlassian Cloud then moving to the server version, we would suggest the monthly Atlassian Cloud payment option. You can then cancel at anytime and you're subscription will expire at the end of that month's billing cycle.

If you have a license for an Atlassian server product, this is a perpetual license that cannot be deactivated nor exchanged for Atlassian Cloud. If you are interested in moving to Atlassian Cloud we would suggest not renewing the maintenance on the server license and then moving to Atlassian Cloud when you are ready. Before making the decision to move to Atlassian Cloud we recommend reviewing the Restricted Functions in Atlassian Cloud to make sure it is the right product for you.

So while that was specifically about our Atlassian products/platforms, I believe the same is true in regards to the 3rd party vendor plugins.   Sorry this probably isn't the answer you were looking for, but to the best of my knowledge there is not a way transfer these kinds of licenses between server and cloud platforms.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer