JIRA server ID?

Andy Caan April 10, 2017

I installed the JIRA software.

In the Windows program folder, there are Access JIRA, start JIRA and stop JIRA.

I started the JIRA service and then I selected "Access JIRA".  I am going through the setup webpage.  Now come to the license.  Where can I find the server ID to get a eval license?

My environment is a virtual box that does not have internet access, so I cannot go directly from the setup webpage to my.atlassian. 

I read somewhere that I can login as an admin ...  I assumed it is the atlassian admin.  When I click "Access Atlassian" from the Windows program, I am not prompted for any JIRA system login.  What am I missing?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2017

Hi Andy - Does this help?:

From: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/finding-your-server-id-749383417.html

"JIRA setup wizard
If you are installing JIRA for the first time, you can locate your Server ID on the Specify your license key screen in the JIRA setup wizard. You'll see this page if you choose to perform a custom install, or if your server is not connected to the Internet"

Also, does the answer from Matheus Fernandes here help? In particular, the screen shot he included.

Andy Caan April 11, 2017

Hello Sam,

Thanks for your information.

I did see the webpage you referred to. However, in the wizard, it says "Enter your license key or generate a new license key below. You need an account at MyAtlassian to generate a license key."

In my case, it is in a virtualbox, and I do not have internet access.

On that page, it has nothing else. It does not have a box for entering a license key.

As to Matheus Fernandes's answer, I do not see a selection that "I have a JIRA key" when I go through the setup wizard.  I searched the key file, but did not find it.

In my virtualbox, I have Windows 7 and IE 8.  I wonder if that makes any difference.

Best,

Andy

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2017

Hi Andy - Sorry. I only just saw your response. If you're still having problems, would you be able to post a screen shot of the screen that you see in the set-up wizard?

Andy Caan April 18, 2017

Sam, I used a computer instead of a VirtualBox, and it worked.  Thanks.

Suggest an answer