JIRA security issue

Kota Sreenivasa Shravana Kumar September 3, 2013

I have just noticed a jira security issue with my setup which I would like to fix it. Here is the issue details.

1. I have logged into my JIRA application using my credentials

2. I have closed the browser

3. Take a new browser

4. Navigate to JIRA URL

5. It logs in to the JIRA application without username and password

I need to tweak some setting in JIRA so that it prompts for login and password when new browser is opened. Please advise. Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013
Multiple reasons I can think of. If you are on Mac closing the last window doesn't mean that the chrome process has died. Are you using crowd and SSO is enabled? Did you clear the browser cache and tried? Or try using an incognito window and see the behavior. Are you using any password manager like last pass which is auto submitting the login form?
0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Also please try this "Clearing 'Remember my login' Tokens": https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Clearing+%27Remember+my+login%27+Tokens

0 votes
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2013
0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2013

Can you please check whether you checked Remember my login on this computer option in the login.

If yes, then it will remember you credentials and login automatically.

Kota Sreenivasa Shravana Kumar September 3, 2013

I have cleared all my tokens and the behaviour remains same for all users.

Suggest an answer