JIRA script that checks the license expiration date from database

mohammed July 20, 2016

Dear Team,

Please help me to monitor the JIRA license information for JIRA version 7.0.

Please do the needful.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

What do you want from this script?

If it's running in JIRA, you've got lots of information to work with - see https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/license/LicenseDetails.html

mohammed July 20, 2016

script to generate email alert to update JIRA/Confluence License expiry alert. To update the License key.

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

Ok, and what are you writing this script with?

mohammed July 20, 2016

I am not writting any scripts, I need command to script to get the information.

I can write bash scripts, but no clu how to proceed. executed commands in database. But can see the License key, but not the expiry information.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 21, 2016

Ah.  It's not exposed externally, that I know of, except via the gui, and it's not stored directly in the database, it's part of the licence.

You'll need to scrape the system information or licence pages from the ui.

Like Josh Simnitt likes this
Rajesh Ramankutty July 26, 2019

Hi am also searching for the same can anyone tell me what exactly i want to do for notification.

Suggest an answer