JIRA's "Release notes" vs Bamboo's "Related Issues" and "Fixed Issues"

Summer X June 18, 2012

Hi,

Say I have a version called "v1" in JIRA. I have found that if I set an issue's "Fix Version" to v1, then it will show up in v1's release notes. However, it will not neccessarily show up in Bamboo when I release the version by triggering a Bamboo build. So my questions are:

1) I read that Bamboo generates the "related issues" list by having users "specify a JIRA issue key in a Bamboo build comment or label, or in a code commit message". So, if I set the "fix version" for and issue to "v1" in JIRA, but forget to add the issue label when I commit, then the issue will show up in the release notes in JIRA, but NOT in the Bamboo build, correct?

2) Even if I do remember to add the issue label when I commit, the issue still shows only as "related issue" but not "fixed issue" in Bamboo. How does Bamboo generate the "fixed issue" list?

3) With JIRA's release notes and Bamboo's issue list not always in sync (there will always be someone foregetting to add the issue label when committing), what is the best way to get a fixed issue list for QA?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2012

1. Correct. Even after the build completes, you can still add the link to JIRA issue, either via build comment or by directly linking the build with an issue in JIRA.

2. I think the Fixed Issue does not exist anymore. IIRC, it was just a manual classification done when you created the issue from Bamboo.

3. You should manage your dev process from JIRA. JIRA contains the current state of the issue - mere fact that Bamboo build something related to your issue does not mean it's ready for QA.

Suggest an answer