Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Deleted user
0 / 0 points
Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

JIRA's filter does not return all issues with worklogAuthor Edited

Hi,

I need to get all issues where I have logged time so I'm trying to use

worklogAuthor = currentUser()

but it returns for me only 1 issue when it should return 100+ of it.  

Where Is the problem?

3 answers

0 votes

Hello @Paweł Farys,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I wasn’t able to replicate the issue. 

I tested logging hours on a brand new ticket and when refreshing the search, the ticket also appeared along with the other tickets.

The filter worklogAuthor = currentUser() is used to return tickets that you logged hours using the built-in Time Tracking in Jira. I’m informing you this because I can see that on your site there are two add-ons from Tempo Timesheets, so I would like to know if you are logging time using Jira’s time tracking or Tempo. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Hello,

90% of login time is done by the "Filter Results" widget, the rest of the 10% is done by details of the issue or direct in Tempo.

I have tried both of `currentUser()` and my user directly but it's the same result.

Hi @Paweł Farys ,

When logging time in Tempo, the information is synced to the JIRA database, but the worklog owner information is anonymized as JIRA does not respect the permissions to view worklogs of other users that are set in Tempo (see also https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/488931333/Why+do+the+worklogs+appear+with+the+author+Tempo+Timesheets+instead+of+the+user+s+name).

Due to this, in JIRA, all worklogs are listed as being made by "Tempo Timesheets. You can therefore not find issues based on worklogAuthor as jql only looks at information in the JIRA database.

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Ok, so maybe another question: how should I log time to get a correct list of the issues with me as a worklog author? 

Hi @Paweł Farys

The worklogAuthor = currentUser() will return tickets that you logged time using Jira's time tracking:

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 16.03.31.png

I can see that you are not an administrator on the site, so it's necessary to check with your Jira administrator and Project administrator if you can use Jira's time tracking.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you