JIRA's filter does not return all issues with worklogAuthor

Paweł Farys April 26, 2021

Hi,

I need to get all issues where I have logged time so I'm trying to use

worklogAuthor = currentUser()

but it returns for me only 1 issue when it should return 100+ of it.  

Where Is the problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

Hi @Paweł Farys ,

When logging time in Tempo, the information is synced to the JIRA database, but the worklog owner information is anonymized as JIRA does not respect the permissions to view worklogs of other users that are set in Tempo (see also https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KB/pages/488931333/Why+do+the+worklogs+appear+with+the+author+Tempo+Timesheets+instead+of+the+user+s+name).

Due to this, in JIRA, all worklogs are listed as being made by "Tempo Timesheets. You can therefore not find issues based on worklogAuthor as jql only looks at information in the JIRA database.

Best regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

0 votes
Paweł Farys April 28, 2021

Ok, so maybe another question: how should I log time to get a correct list of the issues with me as a worklog author? 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Paweł Farys

The worklogAuthor = currentUser() will return tickets that you logged time using Jira's time tracking:

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 16.03.31.png

I can see that you are not an administrator on the site, so it's necessary to check with your Jira administrator and Project administrator if you can use Jira's time tracking.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2021

Hello @Paweł Farys,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my local site, I wasn’t able to replicate the issue. 

I tested logging hours on a brand new ticket and when refreshing the search, the ticket also appeared along with the other tickets.

The filter worklogAuthor = currentUser() is used to return tickets that you logged hours using the built-in Time Tracking in Jira. I’m informing you this because I can see that on your site there are two add-ons from Tempo Timesheets, so I would like to know if you are logging time using Jira’s time tracking or Tempo. 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Paweł Farys April 27, 2021

Hello,

90% of login time is done by the "Filter Results" widget, the rest of the 10% is done by details of the issue or direct in Tempo.

I have tried both of `currentUser()` and my user directly but it's the same result.

Suggest an answer