JIRA restore production to development

Topicus October 6, 2016

Hey all,

I want to restore my production environment to a development server and so far I have a SQL script to restore the full database, insert development licenses, adjust the colourscheme, disable mail, remove mail handlers and remove application links but I don't want my production data in the development instance. Is there a way to safely exclude or scramble the production data?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2016

Not natively, but there are a couple of tricks.

1) Botron's Configuration Manager can extract the project setup of a system and restore it into an empty JIRA

2) You can get everything, but "scrambled" if you use https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/anonymising-jira-data-139008.html 

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2016

Would like that functionality too, maybe we should make a feature request for it. Would help when we deploy a test machine for an individual tester that we can give full admin to, without subjecting ourselves to risk.

Suggest an answer