JIRA reporting

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

Hi All,

Could you please suggest how I can create a bar chart which shows the total number issues (just count) from a saved filter on daily basis?

Is there any plugin will support this functionality?

Thanks,

Sanu P Soman

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2014

Use a "filter statistic" gadget on a dashboard to get the basics.

The requirement seems a little undefined though - you've only specified "number of issues", which would form a single bar in a bar chart. I'm guessing what you really want is a bar chart with "number of issues vs day they were <something>" with <something> being created? Updated? Resolved?

You can use the resolved vs opened or other built-in charts - it might be easier to have a look at them to start with and explain how you'd change them to meet your need?

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Thanks for your reply.

My goal is that, need a graph or line chart to show number of issue vs day. Here number of issues are all open issues filtered by a specific custom field value. I hope the requirement is clear now.

Please let me know if you didnt get the reuirement fully, also suggest if you have some solution.

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

Hi Sanu,

Our plugin Intelligent Reports will let you create bar charts based on issue counts in a report. Just design and format your bar/line chart in Microsoft Word, and use a point and click rule to select exactly which data you want filled in to the chart (JQL query/filter, created/resolved/remaining, count or number field, etc). No programming or API to learn.

Sanu Soman
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2014

Paid one wont work for us. Anyway thanks for your suggestion.

Suggest an answer