JIRA reporting clarification

Jira reporting is good but when it comes to aggregating issue fields there are no options available.I am trying to simply querying projects with time spent for those projects but not found any JQL for the same.Is there any future plans to provide group by function on JIRA Issue search UI.Please correct me if i am wrong.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes

I don't think there is. The problem here is that defining what you want to group by and add up is so wide ranging and variable, there's no easy way to put together something that will make more than a tiny fraction of the user-base happy.

Thanks nic, Yes I am using few of the other tools which have group by option available for users and it make reporting very powerful. For complex reports in JIRA user has to either retrieve data and and process it in some other tool.

SQL for JIRA transforms JQL into standard SQL so you can use SQL aggregation functions like SUM, COUNT, AVG, MAX, MIN, etc. in a straightforward way.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,826 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot