JIRA reporting clarification

Vibhor Dwivedi July 28, 2014

Jira reporting is good but when it comes to aggregating issue fields there are no options available.I am trying to simply querying projects with time spent for those projects but not found any JQL for the same.Is there any future plans to provide group by function on JIRA Issue search UI.Please correct me if i am wrong.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2014

I don't think there is. The problem here is that defining what you want to group by and add up is so wide ranging and variable, there's no easy way to put together something that will make more than a tiny fraction of the user-base happy.

Vibhor Dwivedi August 3, 2014

Thanks nic, Yes I am using few of the other tools which have group by option available for users and it make reporting very powerful. For complex reports in JIRA user has to either retrieve data and and process it in some other tool.

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

SQL for JIRA transforms JQL into standard SQL so you can use SQL aggregation functions like SUM, COUNT, AVG, MAX, MIN, etc. in a straightforward way.

Suggest an answer