JIRA report specific to a location.

Shirish.Kamble December 11, 2019

We have project in JIRA where developer from multiple locations are working. We want to generate report specific to our ODC location where some 20 people are working out of total 50 people.  How to do that? We do not want to mentioned all these 20 individual ids in the query. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

what kind of report? You can certainly do this if the report is based upon an editable query assuming that you create/use a custom field that defines the location. How you set that location field can vary. For example, you could require the "location" field be set on a transition, say to in progress. Or you could use automation (addon) to set the "location" based the assignee being in a group that you define by location.

Hello Jack, 

Thanks for quick reply. 

Report for example Pie Chart which gives statistics of bugs managed by this specific location (i.e. ODC). For example: No of bugs resolved, No of bugs open, No of bugs in progress in current sprint. 

How to create a custom field?  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

So I would definitely use the 2-dimensional gadget on a dashboard for this. You will, however, have to create a custom field for location so you can set the Y-axis of the gadget config to the location field and the X-axis to status.

Hello Jack,

Thanks for reply. 

I am new to JIRA and first time raising queries.

May i request you to explain how to create a custom field? 

Suggest an answer