JIRA - remove 'assign' button in when viewing an issue

Julio Valdez June 17, 2015

Hi,

We created a custom assign field and when I view an issue, of course the default and custom assign field show up. How can I make the default 'assign' button not be visible?

Thanks in advance.assign button.JPG

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
john.pfotzer@verizonwireless.com June 18, 2015

This same process worked well for me to remove the "work" button. Follow this for the Assign button.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+disable+the+Log+Work+option+in+JIRA

let me know if this helped you.

welcome

John

Susie ORiley March 29, 2016

This isn't supported in the Cloud version. Are you aware of another solution for the Cloud ?

3 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

Try removing all users/groups/roles in the "Assign Issues" permission.

2 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2015

Hi Julio,

There's a knowledge base article that explains how to do that: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+remove+the+'Assign'+button+from+issues

-- Pedro

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2015

Julio,
i hope  Assign option should be hidden only for Bug issue type, is am right? if yes, then @Pedro answer might help by adding issue type condition. but you have to manually update that file when you are migrating JIRA to newer version.

As per my knowledge, use following script to hide "Assign" option

<script type="text/javascript">
AJS.$(function () {
                JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e,context) {
                     hideAssignOperation();
                });
                    hideAssignOperation();

function hideAssignOperation(){             
              var projectName = $.trim($("#project-name-val").text());
              var issueType =  $.trim($("#type-val").text());
         if(projectName == 'Project Name' && issueType == 'Bug')      
                $("#assign-issue").hide();                                           
          else
                 $("#assign-issue").show();  
       }
});
</script>

Suggest an answer