JIRA refresh from PROD to DEV server goes to Setup Wizard

Tom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Reading some other answers on this site, it appears that I ought to be able to refresh my DEV JIRA (5.1) data from my PROD instance by doing the following:

1) shut down my DEV Jira instance

2) have my DBA restore the PROD DB on top of my DEV JIRA

3) restart DEV JIRA

When I do this, however, JIRA goes into the setup wizard. If I punch through and answer all the questions, JIRA comes up, but there is *nothing* from PROD. WTH?

This doc https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/Establishing+Staging+Server+Environments+for+JIRA indicates I ought to be able to do pretty much the same as above, but I should copy over the jira-home and jira-install trees and make local mods to point the instance to DEV. OK, so I tried that as well, with exactly the same result. WTH#2?

Advice?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

So the problem was that after dumping the DB and copying over jira-home and jira-install directories and doing appropriate mods, I copied in my previous dbconfig.xml file (to set the correct non-PROD DB) but the Schema name was different. This seemed to cause the instance to go into setup mode to create all the tables under the new schema name, and cause the app to appear to have no data.

0 votes
I_Like_Cookies November 29, 2018

So I just had this exact issue, refreshing my PROD to DEV. Checked everything, acted like it could not see the DB but I could telnet on 5432...

Then I actually read my notes XD

NB! NB! NB! ----->     vim /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf

I had allowed the APP server of PROD and my static IP of my lappie, so I could connect XD

Then I allowed the DEV APP server to connect and I had joy :)

I_Like_Cookies November 29, 2018

How do I upvote my own answer, I like my answer XD

Like John Norris likes this
0 votes
Kapil Bolli
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2013

Hi Tom,

I suppose you need to restore prod JIRA to Dev JIRA , then you can use any of the following methods:

1) XML restore

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+Data

2) DB restore:

Take DB backup from Prod & dump it in Dev env

Change dbname,dbuser name according to dev env in db config.xml

Reindex

Suggest an answer