JIRA "project" table contains old usernames

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

I'm trying to semi-automate the generation of a report.  Using the simple query: select pname, pkey, lead from project order by pkey; gives me project name, project keys and project lead usernames.  Unfortunately the leads are not always those individual's current user names.  

e.g.  We had a user jane o'connor.  Initially her Active Directory account name was jane.o'connor.  JIRA was fine with it, but not all of our tools were.  So we changed it in AD to jane.oconnor.  When I pull my list of project leads, it still includes jane.o'connor.  Even if I make myself the project lead (verify my name in in that table) then change it back to Jane, her old username is still in the table.

Any suggestions on how to either populate that table with current usernames OR write a sql that will pull their current usernames?

thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2015

Your user name change won't be reflected in the project table. Your old user name will be used as the user key and the actual renaming will happen in the app_user table.

DI2E Licensing
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2015

Love it. Now I have the following: select pname, pkey, lower_user_name from project INNER JOIN app_user on (project.lead = app_user.user_key) order by pkey; What table holds their email addresses?

Geoff Davies July 8, 2019

Presumably you've got this answered, but try (cwd_user.email_address)

e.g.

select pname, pkey, cwd_user.lower_user_name, cwd_user.email_address from project
INNER JOIN app_user on (project.lead = app_user.user_key)
INNER JOIN cwd_user on (cwd_user.user_name = app_user.user_key)
order by pkey;

Suggest an answer