JIRA query for time in statuses (single status & aggregated) - Transition times

Reuben Salisbury March 5, 2015

Hi 

Is there a way in JIRA to query the time taken for an issue work it's way across a scrum or kanban board? e.g. "how long has issue X taken to get from 'To Do' to 'Done'" or 'To Do' to 'In Progress'? I've seen a number of related posts but they same to be related to how long an issue has been in a particular status, and  they only seem to produce a result once the issue is closed/done.

I would like to create a live report that gives me a breakdown of all issues on a board, the time they've currently spent in the column they're currently in, as well as an aggregated sum of how long it's taken them to get there. i.e.

Issue x has been in 'Testing' for 4 hours, and it has taken issue x to 4 days to transition from 'To Do' to be in 'Testing'

Thanks!

3 answers

1 vote
Alejo Villarrubia [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2015

Hi,

I think you will need to write some code to get such a report.

You could use Script Runner to create a custom script to retrieve a list of ChangeHistory items for each issue that shows up in a specific board.

Here documentation of the ChangeHistory class: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/issue/changehistory/ChangeHistory.html

Hope that helps

0 votes
Charles MacMillan November 23, 2016

Hello!

I too would very much like to have the means to look up times in transition on a per ticket basis. I know this marker is within ticket history, but have not yet been able to create a search field. 

Thanks

0 votes
Reuben Salisbury March 9, 2015

Any ideas?

Suggest an answer