JIRA query for string search

Deepak Khanna October 20, 2014

I need to know how do I write a JIRA query to search for all the issues that "does not" have a particular string in "acceptance criteria". for e.g.if any issues passed CCB I update that JIRA issue in "acceptance Criteria" as "CCB Approved", but there are several other issues that does not have "CCB Approved" value in acceptance criteria or this field it blank. I need to find out the list of those other issues.

Currently I have this query:

project in (abc, xyz) AND labels = sdf AND status in (Open, External, InProgress, Reopened, Validated, InTest, ECCB, Deferred) AND "Acceptance Criteria"  !~ "CCB Approved "

This doesn't result in any issues

2 answers

0 votes
Treethawat Thanawachiramate October 20, 2014

I would suggest to check on each step.

First try with: project in (abc, xyz) AND "Acceptance Criteria"  !~ "CCB Approved " -> Any Result?

Then include another qury string and see the difference.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2014

I suspect some of your issues do not have the "Acceptance Criteria" field at all.

In English, you are asking the question for each issue:  Does this issue have an "Acceptance Criteria" of "CCB Approved".  What confuses most people is that they think there are two answers to that question, where in real life (and Jira) there are actually three:

1. Yes
  2. No  
  3. The question does not make sense because the field does not exist for this issue.

I think you'll find your query is dropping the issues where the field is not valid.

Suggest an answer